1. Choose 2 round plastic laces and remove the S hook from the drawer of your My Lanyard Maker. (The example uses the colors Pink & Green).
2. Insert your S hook into the space provided on the end of your MyLM. Be sure to slide the peg all the way into it’s holding place so it is flush with the end of your MyLM. To follow the directions below, place the hook into the end that has the D number/letter combinations.
3. The Pink & Green laces will need to be cut to 48 inches in length (for an approximate 6 inch bracelet). Place your laces together end to end and measure approximately 12 inches. Fold your laces at the 12 inch mark to form a loop and tie a knot. Be sure your knot is big enough to fit onto your S hook. Secure your loop on the S hook.
4. Separate your laces by placing your 2 shorter laces together in slot 4B. You can wrap the ends of these laces around the slots next to them to help keep them secure because they will not be moving for this particular pattern. Your remaining long pink lace should hang loose to your left and the green lace should hang loose on your right. This will set up your laces to begin your pattern.
5. To begin, take the pink lace from your left, feed it over the laces in 4B and underneath your green lace on the right. Your pink lace will now hang loose on the right side of your MyLM.
6. Feed your green lace underneath the laces secured in 4B, and up through the loop made with your pink lace. Your green lace will now hang loose on the left side.
7. Pull your pink and green laces tight towards the center.
8. Take your green lace from left side, feed it over top of the laces in slot 4B and underneath your pink lace on the right. Your green lace will now hang loose on the right side.
9. Take your pink lace, feed it underneath the laces secured in slot 4B. Feed your lace through the loop made with your green lace. Your pink lace will now hang loose on the left side.
10. Pull your pink lace from the left and your green lace from the right tight towards the center. Your laces are now back in their starting positions.
11. Continue steps 5-10 until your corkscrew knot bracelet is your desired length. At some point your bracelet will start to twist. Simply rotate your green and pink laces around and underneath your corkscrew so they are no longer twisted. Once it’s untwisted, be sure to start with the opposite color of your last knot (It should be the lace on your left).
12. Once your bracelet is complete knot the ends together and your bracelet is ready to wear.
There are no comments yet. Be the first one to post one!