You have no items in your shopping cart.
This entry was posted on May 26, 2016.
Internet Explorer may not support this video. First try turning on “Compatibility View” or try another browsers, such as Chrome, Safari or Firefox.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN your friendship bracelet pattern, know how to make the Right Hand Double Knot and Left Hand Double Knot.
1. Pick up to 5 threads (the more colors you choose the wider your bracelet will be).
2. Align string, fold in half, and tie knot ½ inch from fold forming a loop.
3. Attach your ½ inch loop to MYFBM under the butterfly clip.
4. Separate strings by placing one string per slot. Note: Use the same color in slot 1 & 10, 2 & 9, 3 & 8, etc. This will align the colors of the arrow.
5. Hold string #1 with your right hand and string #2 with your left hand, loop string #1 in front making a number “4”.
6. While holding string #1 & #2, continue the steps to form a right handed double knot. After double knot is complete move #2 string to #1 slot, while holding string #1 in hand. Take string #1 (still in your hand) and make the same right handed double knot around string #3. After double knot is complete move string #3 to the #2 slot. Continue to tie right handed double knots on string #4 and then string #5. After making right handed double knots on string #5, place string #5 in #4 slot. Then place string #1 (in your hand) in the #5 slot.
7. Hold string #10 with your right hand and string #9 with your left hand, loop string #10 in front making a backwards or flipped number “4”.
8. While holding string #10 and #9, continue the steps to form a left handed double knot. After double knot is complete move #9 string to #10 slot, while holding string #10 in hand. Take string #10 (still in your hand) and make the same left handed double knot around string #8. After double knot is complete move string #8 to #9 slot. Continue to tie left handed double knots on string #7 and then string #6. After making left handed double knots on string #6, place string #6 in #7 slot. Then place string #10 (in your hand) in the #6 slot.
9. Hold string #5 and string #6 and tie two simple knots (Just like the knot when you’re tying your shoes). And then replace strings in slots #5 and #6.
10. When your have completed step 9 you have finished your first arrow! Repeat steps 5 through 9 with your new strings in place and watch your bracelet grow!
11. When you think your bracelet is long enough to fit around your wrist hold three strings from slots #1 #2 #3 with your left hand and three from slots #8 #9 #10 with your right hand. Braid the three strings from your left hand and right hand with the four strings left in slots in #4 #5 #6 #7.
12. Take the braided strings and tie two basic knots at the end of your friendship bracelet. Learn how to finish your friendship bracelet with knots or beads by clicking here.
13. Unclip your friendship bracelet from the butterfly clip and cut off the excess braided section. Your bracelet made with the friendship bracelet pattern Arrow from MyFBM.com is ready to wear or share!