CHOOSE YOUR THREADS:
1. Choose 2-5 threads in your favorite colors. (The more threads you
choose, the wider your bracelet will be!)
2. Arrange the threads in the order of the stripes you want to create.
3. Pinch together one end of each string and line them up.
4. Fold the group of strings in half.
5. Tie a knot about 1⁄2 inch from the fold to form a loop.
SET UP YOUR MY FRIENDSHIP BRACELET MAKER®:
6. If you’re using the new My Friendship Bracelet Maker (pictured),
swivel the top of the oval thread holder in the center of the maker to
open it. Place the loop around the peg and swivel the top to close.
7. If you’re using the Tiny or Original My Friendship Bracelet Maker,
open the clip at the top and place the loop around the teeth.
Release the clip to hold it in place.
8. Separate the threads by placing one string into each of the
numbered slots at the bottom of the maker.
9. Take the string from slot #1 and make a right-handed double knot
on the string in slot #2. Don’t return this string to a slot. You’ll keep using it for steps 11-14.
10. Move the string that was in slot #2 into slot #1.
11. Take the string you left out in Step #8 and make a right-hand
double knot around the string in slot #3.
12. Move the string that was in slot #3 into slot #2.
13. Repeat these steps across your remaining strings. After every
knot, move the strings left one slot.
14. When your original string has made right-hand double knots on
all other threads, place it into the last slot.
15. Take the new string from slot #1 and repeat Steps 9-14.
16. Continue creating stripes until your bracelet is long enough to fit
FINISH YOUR FRIENDSHIP BRACELET:
17. Open the clip or swivel the thread holder open and remove the loop
from the maker.
18. Using all of your strings, tie one big knot at the end of your bracelet.
19. Leave about 3 to 4 inches of string, and cut off the rest.
20. Pull the strings through the loop to tie on your bracelet.
RIGHT-HAND DOUBLE KNOT
Step 1: Cross string 1 over string 2 to form a number “4” shape.
Step 2: Wrap string 1 under string 2, and pull it back through
Step 3: Tighten your knot by pulling string 1 back towards the
clip until it’s tight.
Repeat Steps 1-3: Every knot in a friendship bracelet is actually
LEFT-HAND DOUBLE KNOT
Step 1: Cross string 2 over string 1 to form a letter “P” shape.
Step 2: Wrap string 2 under string 1, and pull it back through
Step 3: Tighten your knot by pulling string 2 back towards the
clip until it’s tight.
Repeat Steps 1-3: Every knot in a friendship bracelet is
actually two knots!